In Chinese watercolor paiting, static subjects like cherry blossoms and peach trees never go out of fashion because they represent the teeming life and beauty of nature that most Chinese watercolor artists enjoy representing.
In this video, you'll get a Chinese watercolor painting demo with painter Henry Li, who will paint a branch of loquats.
Loquats are unusual among fruit trees in that the flowers appear in the early winter, and the fruits are ripe in early spring. This golden fruit is a very common subject matter in traditional Chinese painting.
Colors used: Marie's Chinese watercolors (Gamboge Yellow, Orange Yellow and Verminion, Indigo Blue and Burnt Tea(dark brown).
Brush used: Piston-filler Waterbrush Pens
Paper: Single Layer Xuan(Shuan or Shuen) Rice Paper
All supplies can be found at Blue Heron Arts.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades