This video painting tutorial shows how to paint Bodhidharma in Sumi-e ink. The Sumi-e ink painting process is a traditional Japanese painting technique from the Niigata prefecture, demonstrated here with a stone ink well. This particular style of painting complements this Buddhist drawing. Learn how to paint Bodhidharma by watching this instructional video.
Here are some tips from the artist instructor:
1. The front neckband is the key to draw the tradional Asian Buddhist figure wearing kimono style clothes. I made the hard line first which was inspired by the Hakuin's line and Sesshu's cave rock line.
2. First use light black (more water than usual) on the eyebrow, then before letting dry fully, add more black strokes so you can get some depth and profound expression.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades