In this two part video artist, Henry Li, shows you how to make rice paper shikishi board yourself for watercolor painting. You'll learn and quick and easy way to create your own material to eventually paint with watercolor. This is a great tutorial for all artist maybe looking to experiment with watercolors.
*Xuan rice paper
*Silicone release paper and bristol paper
*Iron and Denim cloth.
1. Cut the Silicone Release Paper to the same size as the backing board or a little bit smaller (about 1/4" - 1/8") than the board. (No need to measure!)
2. Place the silicone release paper filme side facing down, or mounting board, foam board etc.
3. Iron it at 180 degree fahrenheit and let it cool a little bit.
4. Peel the release paper off and save it for use in step 6.
5. If necessary, trim the extra adhesive film along the board edge with a glue gun, knife or scissors.
6. Lay the rice apper smooth side up on the adhesive film and cover it with the release paper from step 4.
7. Now it's ready to iron it on.
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.