You can't expect to paint a masterpiece on untreated cloth. Here's how to gesso, or prime, a homemade canvas in a hurry. You will need gesso, water, a plastic mixing bowl, a drop cloth, fine grit sandpaper and a house paintbrush. Tip: some painters prefer to use a squeegee to apply gesso, instead of a brush. The edges of your canvas will drip a little, so use a smaller brush to work the excess gesso back into the sides.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades