Merrill is quite the artist, but he, like everyone else, must "draw" from inspiration. And he has discovered a new technique from Igor Kazarin's YouTube channel Portrait Drawing.
In this video, he'll cover this technique as he shows you how to create a Nelson Mandela portrait. Mandela was the first democratically elected president of South Africa, if you didn't know that already. This is a dry brush technique which combines oil paint, watercolor paper, and a kneaded eraser. Adding his own touch, Merrill finishes with Prismacolor pencil.
To try this dry brush technique out, you'll need:
- Watercolor paper (At least 150 LBS)
- Oil Paint (Merrill uses Lamp Black; this technique works with color, too)
- Kneaded Eraser
- Prismacolor Color Pencils at the end (optional)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades